SENIOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT / MANCHESTER / PERMANENT / £35,000 / DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
An international service company has an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join their team based in luxury & unique offices near Ancoats, Manchester. The Management Accountant role will take ownership for the monthly preparation of management accounts across two statutory entities and oversee two finance staff. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will play a critical role in improving and ensuring a strong control environment with a focus on nominal ledger management, balance sheet reconciliations and forecasting. This is a great opportunity to gain commercial exposure as well as experience of working in a plc / group environment
The duties will include:
- Produce monthly management accountants including profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.
- Produce monthly management information including variance analysis and commentaries.
- Produce weekly commercial reports on Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist in the business partnering to Senior Management..
- Prepare schedule of monthly intercompany balances and transactions..
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Produce weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Supervise control of Sales and Purchase Ledgers.
- Analysis of normal ledger accounts.
- Calculation, presentation and payment of VAT.
- Preparation and submission of Intra Stat Reports.
- Manage the fixed asset capital expenditure register.
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of intangible assets.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations.
- Support the Financial Controller in providing the Management Team with timely information.
- Assist in providing information to external auditors.
- Manage a team of 2.
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operations.
- Advise on problems and suggest improvements.
The ideal candidate will have proven management accounts experience within a fast paced environment, a pro-active work ethic and be confident with excel and Sage.
If your looking for a new opportunity and gain exposure to the inner-workings of a successful company, then please contact Mark Caunce on 07876030207 or