Job Title: Senior Credit Supervisor
Location: Leeds/Flexible Working
Salary: Circa £35k plus bonus and benefits, Home Working options
This role will report to the Credit Control Manager in the firm’s Leeds office but will have flexible working options from home, supervising a team of approximately 5-8 Credit Administrators and Senior Credit Controllers. The focus will be on providing an in depth support network through the Administrators Including reconciliations, reporting, quality assurance and statistical analysis and KPIs. Whilst managing the Senior Credit Controllers to maximise client turnover of the firm’s largest clients through strong process development and reducing problematic debt with the design and management of a flexible escalation path.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in providing high-level support to the Credit Control Manager in the day-to-day running of the department.
The Responsibilities The responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- An all-round awareness as to key debt issues across each team member and their respective office and the impact/influence these have in terms of aged debt profiles * Process review and Improvement of the firm’s largest clients * Direct supervision of a local team of Credit Administrators and Senior Credit Controllers including distribution of work load, staff training and development and ensuring that the team provides a superior level of customer service * Design, review and track an escalation path for problematic and complex debt setting targets and KPIs to show continuous Improvement * Ownership and review of the current Quality Assurance program to show continuous Improvement * Preparation and analysis of statistics and data for team’s performance In line with KPIs / targets * Responsibility for training of new starters and ongoing training of the team, managing and streamlining of the current Induction process * Objective setting and review of the team’s work, undertaking performance management where required * Management of small and ad-hoc projects and Identifying of opportunities for progress
- Attend calls with the Management Team and provide concise information relating to outstanding AR / queries * Building relationships with partners and fee earners to ensure the collection policy is adhered to and escalate any problem clients, fee earners or debts to the management team * Be proactive in booking and attending monthly meetings with partners or financial controllers, agreeing appropriate strategies to collect aged and/or difficult debts, and ensure all queries are resolved appropriately * Collating weekly performance reporting and targeting for the team and running month end reporting for GMANCO/Local ManCo and PGH’s * Continuous and ongoing improvement of the current Credit Control processes
- The ideal candidate must have two years experience in a supervisory credit control role within a customer/client focused environment. A legal or professional services background is advantageous as well as computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- A strong supervisory background, experience In performance management and the ability to lead and take ownership of a team and their workload
- Experience of developing Improvements In quality of work through QA analysis
- The ability to devise an Induction program for new starters and a track record of training / coaching
- Process driven, Identifying best practice and ensuring It Is followed
- As well as being IT competent the candidate must have a sound knowledge of excel with a sense of commercial awareness
- Strong communicator together with effective negotiation skills both with team members, clients and the lawyers/partners