Purchase Ledger Supervisor/ Team Leader/ 12 Month Fixed Term Contract/ Competitive Salary/ Excellent Benefits/ 35 Hour Week/ 25 Days Holiday
I am supporting an industry leading and multi-site business with a requirement for an accounts payable team leader to cover a 12 month maternity contract. I am keen to speak to candidates with team leadership and management skills who can oversee a fast paced and high volume role for a multi-site business. There will be a full handover with the current team leader.
This is a hands on role that will require the successful applicant to oversee all processes to ensure they are completed by the team or personally.
- Post Direct Debits weekly for 4 businesses – ensuring accuracy for manual payments
- Ensure all inter-company payments have been posted to the correct ledgers
- Management of processes for 2 small business’s (payments, invoices, statements etc)
- Monitoring capital expenditure during site projects (refurbishments and new builds) by working closely with the property team
- Ensuring purchase orders are correct and invoices are within budget
- Update the capital expenditure project spend spreadsheet weekly.
- Processing repairs, maintenance and capital expenditure payments
- Responsibility for business rates and the group vehicle fleet
- Oversee the team to ensure all ledgers are up to date
- Ensure team’s supplier statements are complete so that accruals can be calculated by management accounts – request for the team to make any necessary corrections
- Capital expenditure reconciliation’s
- Bank reconciliation’s
- Preparing repairs and maintenance accruals -posting journals for capex and prepayments.
- Support purchase ledger manager with reporting
- Managing work flow and KPI’s for a team of 6 clerks
- Management of any escalated queries
- Delegating tasks appropriately to the team
- Previous experience in a team leader/ supervisory capacity overseeing accounts payable
- Full understanding of the end to end accounts payable process
- Ideally, previously worked within a multi-site business
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to guide and motivate a team
- Ability to effectively prioritise work flow
- Ability to commit to a 12 month fixed term contract
- Strong Excel and computerised system skills
If you match the profile, experience and requirements above and can commit to a 12 month fixed term contract, I am very keen to speak with you- Please submit your CV for immediate consideration or alternatively call Rosie on 0161-711-0821 for further information.
To allow a full handover, I am ideally seeking a candidate who can commit to a September/ October start date.