Management Accountant – 6 Month Contract / Warrington / £33,000 – £39,000 depending on experience / Excellent benefits /
NC Associates are currently looking to recruit an experienced Management Accountant on a 6 month contract. You will primarily support their group business to maximise operating profit and drive improved working capital management. You will work closely with the management team to support the operational performance of the business unit and maximise efficiency, reporting to the Financial Controller
- Prepare all operating profit calculations for monthly management accounts in line with group policy, to include analysis and commentary on monthly and year to date financial & KPI performance, balance sheet analysis and working capital management
- Submit month end and year end reports in the group consolidation software (COGNOS)
- Manage the month and year-end process with the business to deliver accurate revenue recognition and robust valuation of Work in Progress, accrued income and direct cost accruals
- Production of business financial reporting, including the periodic forecast, budget and Strategy initiatives. Drive continuous improvement to meet time and quality constraints
- KPI setting and monitoring, provide proactive challenge where appropriate to the management team.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations including; maintenance of Fixed Asset register and posting of monthly Deprecation, Stock control – ensure integrity of stock value records.
- Drive effective working capital reporting and performance, collaborate with AR, AP team and operations to improve cash position for supported businesses.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns/EC Sales/Intrastat
- Proactive commercial analysis, pricing and sales performance support and challenge to ensure that business won delivers on group requirements and generates profitable growth
- Support capacity planning and utilisation to enable management team to maximise operational efficiency where appropriate
- Support system development to enhance financial and business MI reporting
- Support the periodic internal and annual external audit process including liaising with auditors and preparation of audit schedules, providing support with Statutory Account production
- Assistance with queries from Head Office including tax and consolidation
- Ad hoc financial accounting projects to support the Business and Financial Control
Essential Experience Required
- Experience in a management accountant or business partner role with an understanding of business planning, how to create a robust financial control environment and have a good commercial awareness
- Sage 200 experience (desirable)
- Confident Excel and presentation skills, with effective time management
- Analytical, proactive, effective communicator, with ability to contribute to and influence senior management decision making
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or QBE with exposure to Forecasting, Planning and Analysis and experienced producing month end financials.
What’s on offer?
This business is growing and can offer you a great place to work. Free parking, excellent benefits. The team are stable and can offer you an enjoyable environment to work.
Short listing for this role NOW, apply with your CV to this job vacancy!
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your CV or to learn more about other potential opportunities at this level in the area please contact Alfie Lambert at NC Associates.