Job Title: Management Accountant. Progressing to Finance Manager. Part or fully qualified.
Salary: Up to £38k Basic plus Bonus, Pension, Benefits
Reports to: Finance Controller
Working for a large distribution business and reporting to the Finance Department Manager, this role has overall responsibility for the managing and reporting on the company’s main ledgers ensuring accuracy, timeliness and security is observed at all times. This role will progress to have Managerial responsibility within the Finance team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Part or fully Qualified in CIMA or ACCA.
- Production of weekly and monthly profit and loss accounts and balance sheets across all divisions. Provide supplementary supporting data available to all budget/stakeholders.
- Support the budget/forecast process through a two-way information exchange that enables budget fund holders to supply accurate and meaningful data.
- Developing support documentation to verify any internal/external audit enquires e.g. fixed asset register.
- Responsibility for managing annual external audit
- Managing and auditing the monthly and weekly payroll for non-management personnel
- Liaising with the other team members to ensure all departmental reporting outputs are produced in a timely manner and accurately reflect company performance
- Ensure all costs are accurately attributed to the correct individual revenue streams
- Review departmental processes and suggest corrective actions e.g. electronic pay slips.
- Manage your workflow to ensure all defined goals and objectives are met/exceeded. All service standards are delivered in such a way that agreed standards, targets and quality are delivered.
- Proactively manage your own personal development in order to increase personal performance levels and career development opportunities
- Positively manage ad hoc reporting to support operational activity
- Appropriate financial qualifications i.e. AAT, CIMA
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a management accountant covering all aspects of profit and loss and balance sheet accounting and appropriate staff management experience.
- High levels of computer literacy – proficient user of financial systems and Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel skills including look ups, pivot tables and advanced formulae
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and considerate manner in dealing with colleagues at all levels including directors
- An ability to articulate insightful analysis and commentary on financial reports
- Experience of report writing to senior management
- Professional, committed and organised approach to work with a desire for results
- Customer focused
- Analytical and inquisitive mind with a disciplined approach.
- Solid focus and good attention to detail
- An ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines
- Commitment to continual professional development
- Enthusiastic team player with a sense of fun.
Location: Based In Bradford candidates will be considered form: Leeds, West Yorkshire, Bradford, Harrogate, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Halifax, Skipton, Barnsley. York.