IT TECHNICAL ASSISTANT / £19,000 – £20,000 / PERMANENT / BLACKPOOL / EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING BONUS
A market leading manufacturing company, based near Blackpool, is looking for skilled individual to provide IT support for their customers. These range from small independent businesses to large national organisations. This is a great opportunity for someone to become part of thriving and well established business, as well as developing your technical skills further.
Reporting into the IT Manager, the duties will include:
- Provide 1st line support to existing customers;
- Diagnose and correct faults with thermal and laser printers, PCs and associated hardware/software including bespoke software, both by phone and using remote support tools;
- Perform remote installations of customer software and printers
- Escalating more complex calls appropriately;
- Inspecting IT equipment returned from customers to diagnose, document and repair faults;
- Installation and configuration of operating systems, printer devices and firmware updates;
- Refurbishing PCs/printers, including exterior cleaning to a good standard;
- Packing of equipment ready for dispatch;
- Assist with training field based sales staff on installation and support of IT systems;
- Opportunities to provide help with internal R&D projects, software testing etc;
- Customer site visits where required, sometimes requiring overnight stays.
The ideal candidate will have experience of being in a similar technical position, be customer focused and have excellent communication skills.
If your interested in such a position, please send your CV immediately