Group Financial Reporting Manager – ACA Qualified / Central Manchester / Salary £50,000 – £55,000+ Excellent Benefits Including Bonus, Flexible Working, Career Development / Permanent Role / Excellent Career Opportunity / First Time Movers Welcome / IFRS & Audit Experience Essential
NC Associates are looking to recruit a Bright, Dynamic Group Financial Reporting Manager who has experience within international reporting. As a Group Financial Reporting Manager you will Oversee the production and issue of the annual and half-year preliminary announcements and statutory financial statements in the UK and working with the Group’s auditor to deliver an efficient audit to timetable. You will also Pro-actively produce internal technical guidance for impacts of new standards and of business change within the Group (such as M&A) and assess, document and deploy new internal policy within the Group’s finance function. Managing a team of 2 Accountants you will report directly into the Head of Group Reporting and be tasked with the following duties
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be a key member of the Financial Control Management Team supporting our goal to provide accurate and timely information to support better business decision making, with Finance invited to the table as a trusted partner.
- Drive production of the Group and UK external financial reporting to the strict time tables required as a UK main market listed group.
- Work with the Group’s external auditors to deliver an efficient audit to timetable.
- Monitor compliance with external reporting requirements throughout the Group and maintain a central register of external reporting compliance requirements, noting differences between local GAAP and IFRS.
- Work with the Group’s overseas finance teams to ensure they meet local reporting and audit requirements, providing support where required.
- Produce technical papers for any changes or new items of reporting, such as the introduction of new accounting standards or the impact a new acquisition will have on the external reports.
- Understand and document financial policies, procedures and processes and work with the other finance teams to deploy new policy where required.
- Drive production of certain monthly balance sheet reconciliations to the Group’s internal reporting timetable.
- Work with the Group’s Internal Audit function to direct efforts and assist with completion of internal reviews.
- Management of direct reports, setting objectives aligned with functional goals and working together to ensure strong performance of the team
Essential Experience Required
To be successful in your application for this role you MUST have the following experience
- ACA Qualified with ideally 3-5 years Audit experience within practice
- Ideally you will be from a top ten firm of Chartered Accountants
- Experience within international reporting for a PLC international business
- Previous Audit experience essential
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines ensuring continuing delivery of tasks to timetable.
- Sound commercial awareness with the ability to apply common sense in explaining technical accounting ideas to non-accountants.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to summarise information effectively.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel.
- High level of attention to detail with significant emphasis on quality of work.
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and pro-actively in a fast paced and changing environment to support the team in delivering results.
- Developer of people, recognising the benefits of coaching, mentoring and reviewing to facilitate team wide benefit and value.
What’s on Offer?
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an international business which has grown considerably over the past 18 months and continues to grow. You will have clear career development over the next 2 years with a market leading salary and benefits package which includes bonus, flexible working hours. Please send your CV to Wayne Caunce at NC Associates or call 07879-626-501 for a confidential chat