New Role/ Assistant Accountant/ AAT Qualified/ CIMA Study/ Competitive Salary/ Study Support/ Free On-Site Parking/ Career Progression/ 25 Days Holiday + BH’s/ June Interviews
I am working on a new position as my Salford based client has a requirement for an AAT qualified, Assistant Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will be perfectly suited to somebody who has working experience of the end to end accounting transactions on both the payables and receivables side of the ledger in addition to month end exposure.
A full study support package is on offer in addition to CIMA training support from the Finance Director.
My client has a structured 5-year growth plan in place and so is placing an emphasis on hiring a committed person who wants to be a part of the success of the business.
- Support the Purchase Ledger clerk with invoice processing and management of escalated queries
- Process payment runs, gaining authorisation and posting to the bank
- Raise and record any urgent/ same day payments
- Accurately record payments onto the cashbook
- Ensuring the cashbook is fully reconciled to the system and the bank statements at month end
- Create contra payments receipts, post to debtor and creditor ledgers and to the cashbook
- Offer credit control and accounts receivable support (posting of payments, chasing of problematic debt)
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Support with balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete stock, debtor and creditor month end close off processes
- Prepare and process month end journals, including accruals
- Prepare monthly EC Sales, and Intrastat returns
- Prepare monthly KPI reports
- Assist with month and year end procedures
- Support with project work as required
- Previous experience in a similar role with full exposure to and understanding of accounts payable and receivable processes
- AAT Qualified – Ideally wanting to continue CIMA study
- Experience of bank and ledger reconciliations
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work from own initiative and as part of a small team
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive and motivated work ethic
- Strong computerised systems and Excel skills
This role will require the successful candidate to work from the office Mon – Thur 0800-1700 with an early finish each Friday.
If you match the profile above, please submit your CV for immediate consideration or call Rosie on 07384462669 for further information.